Teakdecking Systems Bedding & Bonding Adhesive
Teakdecking System's MPS-4000 is a single-component STPU bonding adhesive designed to cure rapidly and adhere permanently onto bedding deck materials including teak, composite decking, and deck hardware.
- Single-component fast cure bonding adhesive
- For use on bedding deck materials including teak, composite decking, and deck hardware
- Suitable substrates are GRP, marine plywood, properly prepared steel, aluminum and stainless steel
- Designed to achieve high tensile and tear strengths
- Water and abrasion resistant, with moisture cure
- Average ultimate shore A hardness of at least 55 - withstands 25% total joint movement
- Packaging: 20 fl. oz. (592 ml) sausage
- Coverage: 10 ft2/ .93m2 per 20 fl. oz. foil pack
- Curing: Allow to cure for 24 hours before walking on product
- Storage temperature: 60° F - 80° F (16° C - 27° C)
- Application temperature: 40° F - 90° F (4° C - 32° C)
- Shelf life: 12 Months from date of manufacture (see packaging for date stamp)
Note: Proper surface preparation is critical. All surfaces must be clean, dry, and free from all foreign matter or contamination such as oil, grease, wax, curing compounds, form release agents, or another coating. Metal surfaces must be properly primed prior to application. All surfaces must be ground with 40 grit sandpaper and free of rust, corrosion, and protective coatings. Change rags frequently.