U.S. Rigging Oval Double Sleeves Swage
Status: In Stock
- Zinc plated swage sleeves are manufactured to U.S. Military standard MS-51844.
- Zinc plating provides corrosion protection and an attractive finish.
- Zinc plated swage sleeves provide 100 percent wire strength when machine swaged; 95 percent when properly hand swaged. *
*Proper minimum strength of the oval and stop sleeve terminations can only be attained when certain criteria are met:
- Proper measurement of the new wire rope is required to assure it meets proper diameter in accordance with it s applicable specification.
- Swaging is accomplished on bare wire rope. If plastic coated wire rope is used, remove plastic coating as required.
- Proper maximum after-swage dimension is produced and verified by using a go/no-go gauge or precision measuring instrument
- The dead end of the wire rope must protrude up to 1/16” from the end of the swaged sleeve.
- The following results can only be attained with one sleeve when used on 3x7, 7x7, 7x19, 6x19, and 6x37 construction wire rope. 1x7 and 1x19 wire rope requires two (2) sleeves, as does lap splicing
- Employ a minimum 5 to 1 safety factor using new wire rope minimum breaking strength to the actual working load of your application. Where human life or shock loading is involved, this safety factor must be increased. Consult U.S. Rigging Supply Corp. or another rigging expert.
- Proper testing and/or proof loading is recommended.