Vesper Marine XB-6000 AIS Transponder w/ Built-in NMEA 2000 Bundle
Important Information Regarding the Purchase of a Class B
This required form must be sent to Defender Industries via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed along with a copy of your MMSI registration before your order can be processed. Our fax number is 860-701-3432.
The high performance Class B AIS with built-in NMEA 2000 gateway and internal GPS, XB-6000 integrates AIS, GPS and NMEA information. System allow you to see your safety and navigation data on any AIS-capable chart plotter or MFD. Easily integrate AIS to your existing marine electronics and convert NMEA 2000 & 0183 instrument data to USB, facilitating 3rd party navigation software.
This package is designed for installing an XB-6000 AIS Transponder in a nav station or wheelhouse and allows you to share a single VHF antenna between your AIS transponder and VHF radio.
In the Box:
- XB6000 AIS Black Box
- GPS Antenna with 10 m (33 ft) cable
- 2 m (6.5 ft) power/data cable
- 1 m (3 ft) USB cable
- AIS VHF antenna splitter
- 2 m (6.5') Power cable
- Two 2 m (6.5') PL259 patch cables
- Installation Guide
The XB-6000 offers:
- A NMEA 2000 Gateway- that translates NMEA 2000 instrument data (heading, wind, depth, speed, log, temperature) and routes it over USB and NMEA 0183.
- GPS-Includes a powerful built-in 5 Hz built-in GPS antenna and also includes a 50 channel, external WAAS/EGNOS GPS antenna.
- Features galvanically isolated (GI) ports that protect your transponder and marine equipment from high current damage
- Fully Waterproof IPx7 rated
- USB Connection (waterproof and locking with optional cable)-The USB connection can be used to connect the XB-6000 to on-board computers. The XB-6000 provides a GPS and AIS data feed directly to computer-based navigation software. It translates selected NMEA 2000 instrument data and sends that to your computer too. An optional 5 m (16') waterproof cable features a locking ring so it can't vibrate out of the back of the XB-6000.
- Self Diagnosis Status Lights- Multi-color LED keeps you informed of operational status providing self diagnosis that shows warnings if AIS, GPS, or antenna are not functioning.
- Ultra-low power consumption-Designed for minimal power consumption the WatchMate XB-6000 is extremely well suited for energy conscious vessels. The XB-6000 consumes less power than other AIS transponders even with the NMEA 2000 gateway operating.
- Positive Identification- Vessel names and call signs will be readily available.
- Silent Mode Control- With an optional external switch to control Silent mode, AIS Receivers and GPS continue normally, but transmissions are inhibited. Firmware updates-Designed to be compatible with continuous stream of feature updates, the XB6000 can be updated with your USB cord and your computer.
VHF / AIS Antenna Splitter
- Applications: All AIS Transponders and Receivers
- Function: Enables AIS to Share a Single Antenna with VHF and AM/FM Radio
- Power: 12 - 24 Volts DC, Includes Built-in Low Noise Amplifier
The Vesper Marine splitter is the only one that provides signal gain which improves AIS reception and increasing range. The built-in low noise amplifier is important in increasing the receive range from the increasing number of low power AIS SART and MOB devices.
The splitter is used to simplify installations by allowing a shared VHF antenna.
- Size: 200 mm wide x 130 mm high x 60 mm deep (7 7/8" x 5 1/8" x 2 3/8")
- Waterproof (IP67: submersible to 1m for 30 mins)
- Operating temperature: > -25° C to +55° C (-13 °F to 131° F)
- Power supply: 10-32 VDC, 2.5 W nominal
- Number of receivers: 2 AIS, 1 DSC (timeshared)
- Receive sensitivity: -113 dBm (<20% PER)
- Number of transmitters: 1 AIS
- Transmit power output: 33 dBm (2 W)
- AIS Receive frequency range: 156.025 162.025 MHz
- Transmit frequency range: 161.500 162.025 MHz AIS
- GPS: 50 channel with internal antenna. Supports WAAS and EGNOS. Also includes external antenna
- GPS navigation rate: Selectable 1 Hz or 5 Hz with magnetic variation included in output
- GPS sensitivity: -159 dBm tracking & navigation -142dBm acquisition (cold start)
- GPS accuracy: Position 2.5 m CEP, SBAS 2.0 m CEP
- VHF antenna required: >50 ohm, max 2:1 VSWR @ 162MHz, PL259 connector
- Serial data: 1 fully isolated USB port (mini), 1 isolated NMEA 0183 input (RS422 4800/38400 baud) 1 NMEA 0183 output (RS422 4800/38400 baud)
- Connectivity : NMEA 2000, NMEA 0183, USB
- NMEA 2000: NMEA 2000 certified. LEN 2. Micro-C male connector. Female drop cable required (not included).
- Warranty: Two year world-wide warranty
- Frequency Range: 156 MHz to 163 MHz
- Operating temperature: -25° C to +55° C (-13° F to 131° F)
- Environmental: Watertight (USCG CFR-46, IPx7)
- Power Supply: 10-32 VDC, <0.8 W nominal
- Overall Size: 135mm Long x 107 Wide x 56 Deep (5 5/16" x 4 1/4" x 2 1/4") (includes connectors)
- Maximum VHF power: 25 W
- Maximum AIS power: 12.5 W
- Compatibility: Fully compatible with all Vesper Marine AIS transponders and receivers. Also compatible with other manufacturer's AIS receivers and transponders and will typically increase their performance.
- VHF & AIS Connectors: SO-239 (UHF). Requires two appropriate length standard 50 ohm patch cables with PL-259 plugs (two 2 m (6.5 ft) cables included).
- AM / FM Connector: BNC, optional 2 m (6') cable available BNC to Motorola plug
- Patch Cable: Two provided as standard. 2m (6.5ft) long 50 ω cable with PL259 connectors.
- Insertion Loss: VHF RX <1.5dB / VHF TX <1dB / AIS TX <1 dB
- AIS Receive Gain: 12 dB
- AIS Sensitivity with Vesper Marine transponders: -119 dBm, 6 dB improvement