Vetus Bow 125 - Bow Thruster (On/Off)
THIS PRODUCT CANNOT SHIP STANDARD GROUND.
It ships ONLY by Truck Freight.
Please call us at 800-628-8225 or E-mail for a valid shipping quote, since Truck Freight rates change regularly.
This item ships directly from the manufacturer.
Thrusters inspire docking confidence and provide a gentle push - that you control - away from or to the dock or seawall.
- Single propeller creates less flow disturbance in the tunnel
- Unique blade design minimizes cavitation noise
- Strong synthetic propeller eliminates corrosion and reduces weight
- Flexible coupling between tail piece and motor eliminates vibration
- Streamlined tail piece for optimum flow
- Equal thrust in either direction
- High efficiency motors
- Easy installation - clear installation and operation instructions
Additional Components Required for Bow Thruster Installation (sold separately):
- Wiring Harness
- Fuse holder and fuse
- Dedicated battery bank (optional)
- Battery Switch
- Battery Cable
- Voltage: 12 / 24 Volt DC
- Current Draw (max.): 800 Amps @ 12 Volt DC / 450 Amps @ 24 Volt DC
- Ignition Protection: No
- Horse Power: 8 HP max.
- Boat Size: 45 ft. to 66 ft.*
- Thrust (in lbs force): 275 (12 Volt DC) / 308 (24 Volt DC)
- Tunnel Diameter (internal): 9-7/8"
- Tunnel Minimum Installed Length: 20"
Why You May Need an Ignition Protected Bow Thruster:
It is not safe to install a conventional electric bow thruster in the engine room, or compartment containing fuel tanks, of a gasoline powered boat because gasoline fumes may be ignited by internal sparking in the thruster's motor. To allow safe installation under these conditions, VETUS has developed ignition protected bow thrusters which include sealed motor housings meeting the ISO 8846 Marine "ignition protection" standard.
Model BOW12512B - 12 Volt DC
Model BOW12524B - 24 Volt DC
Imperial dimensions are approximate. The manufacturer built this product to metric specs.