Vetus Bow Pro Thruster(Proportional Control) (BOWA0651)
Note: This item ships directly from the manufacturer.
This item typically ships within 2-3 Business Days.
Add Item to Cart to See Sale Price
Vetus Bow Pro Thruster is a combination of the renowned electric bow thruster series and the quiet RimDrive and earned the prestigious Innovation Award at the 2018 Miami Boat Show from the National Marine Manufacturers Association.
Its proven induction technology makes the use of carbon brushes obsolete. As a result, the bow thruster is extremely quiet and has indefinite* run-time! The induction motor is controlled by the VETUS MCV motor controller. This in-house-engineered motor controller can handle both 12 volt and 24 volt applications, making the new bow thruster suitable for almost all boats!
The Bow Pro thruster is controlled by a proprietary CANBUS protocol. There are two different panels available for this thruster; one fully-proportional basic panel and one fully-proportional panel with lock-function. This allows the boat to be "moored" without the use of ropes. Letting passengers board your vessel has never been this easy! In addition, retrofitting a Bow Pro thruster is easy as the new motor is interchangeable with the tailpiece and flange of the Vetus range of thrusters.
*The size of your battery bank is the only limitation
- Precision proportional control at your fingertips
- CAN based/digital control for easier interfacing with the latest joystick docking systems
- Electronic switching eliminates mechanical solenoids for improved reliability
- Highly resistant to abuse
- Endurance Rated Runtime
- Bow Pro thrusters run 10 minutes at full power, after that power will reduce
- At less than full power setting, run time is greatly enhanced
- When paired with the BPPJA panel (sold separately), single person docking is an option
- Maintenance-free brushless motor
- Sealed for improved corrosion protection in bilge environments
- Built-in over-temp and low-battery protection
- Efficient, safe, reliable
For further details, see: Owner's Manual
- Range of Boat Sizes: 34'-36' (10 - 11 meters)
- Thrust in pounds force: 143 pounds
- Motor horse power: 4
- Voltage: 12 volts
- Tunnel part number most common length: BP185G10
- Tunnel length: Approx. 40"/1000mm
- Tunnel- center line below the waterline: 185mm
- CAN-bus Hub: BPCANHUB
- CAN-bus supply (12V only): BPCABCPC
- Joystick panel with HOLD: BPPJA
- Joystick panel NO HOLD: BPPA
- VCAN Bus cable: BPCABC15M
- VCAN Cable Controller to Hub: 49'/15M
- VCAN Bus cable: BPCABC1M
- VCAN Cable Hub to Thruster: 3"/1M
- CAN-bus terminator: BPCANT
- Power circuit fuse holder: ZEHC100
- Power circuit fuse holder: ZE300
Imperial dimensions are approximate. The manufacturer built this product to metric specs.
Item #: 306579
Item #: 306580
Item #: 306575