Wichard Emergency Boarding Ladder
While none of us plans on falling overboard, it happens. Since not all boats have boarding ladders that can be deployed from the water, the Wichard Emergency Boarding Ladder could be a lifesaver. Designed to be attached to a life line stanchion, pad eye or cleat, its glow in the dark loop hangs over the side ready to be grabbed by someone in the water or deployed in seconds by someone in the vessel.
- Grab loop hangs approximately 10" below bottom of storage bag
- Deployed length of ladder is 5 feet, 5 inches
- The Wichard emergency boarding ladder is based on an "etrier" (a-tree-ar) used in rock climbing as an aid for climbing sheer faces
- The ladder is made from doubled layered nylon webbing stitched to withstand 6000 lb loads
- Unlike a rope ladder, the etrier will not collapse when stepped on because the steps hang from a center strap
- The rungs are double layered to keep them open and easy to step into
- A forged shackle secures the ladder to an attachment point
- The emergency boarding ladder is packed into a 1000 denier Cordura bag ready to be mounted
- Wichard recommends that you use two ladders, one for each side
Imperial dimensions are approximate. The manufacturer built this product to metric specs.
Item #: 552025
Item #: 552106