William Smith & Sons Adjustable Sailmakers Palm
Multiple Models Available
Please enter quantity below.
William Smith & Sons is an excellent quality sailmaker's palm. Handcrafted in England, this seaming and roping palm is made for long lasting wear and comfort.
- William Smith & Sons Sailmakers Palm is easily adjustable with a buckle strap
- Includes a large metal thrusting base with a brass cap and molded rawhide palm protection
- A thumb shield protects the thumb when roping (twine wrapped and pulled hard over the thumb)
- To use,
- Position the dull end of the needle in one of the divots in the thimble
- Hold the needle as straight as possible and use the palm of your hand to drive the needle through thick assemblies of canvas or sailcloth
- Wrap the twine around your protected thumb to pull taut
- Sail making or canvas palm is available in right and left-handed versions
- Choose the palm for your dominant hand