Wood Chart Salish Sea
This beautiful map of the Salish Sea is a 3-D nautical wood map of this waterway bordering Washington State and the Canadian province of British Columbia.
Comprised of an intricate network of coastal waterways, the Salish (SAY-lish) Sea includes the Strait of Georgia, the Strait of Juan de Fuca, the Puget Sound, and all of their connecting channels and adjoining waters. This name was only recently made official (2009), in an effort to raise consciousness about the interconnectedness of the region's waters and ecosystems.
Points of Interest: Vancouver, Seattle, Pacific Ocean, Olympic National Park, Vancouver Island, Puget Sound, San Juan Island, Kitsap Peninsula, Victoria, B.C., and North Gulf Islands.
- Chart Location: Salish Sea
- The Salish Sea an the intricate network of coastal waterways
- The Sea includes the southwestern portion of the Canadian province of British Columbia and the northwestern portion of the State of Washington in the USA
- Its major bodies of water are the Strait of Georgia, the Strait of Juan de Fuca, and Puget Sound
- Material: Baltic Birch
- Dimensions: 24.5" x 31"
- Ready to hang solid wood frame with quality acrylic dust cover
- Intricate detail
Starting with a bathymetric chart (the underwater equivalent of a topographic map), Wood Charts uses laser-cutters to carve the contours into sheets of Baltic birch and glue them together to create a powerful visual depth. They hand stain select layers a blue-green so it's easy to discern land from water, etch major byways into the land, then frame the whole thing in a custom, solid wood frame, protected with a sheet of durable, ultra-transparent acrylic and ready to hang.
Item #: 402681
Item #: 402699