Harken Radial Self-Tailing Winch - Size 40 (40.2STC)
Note: This item ships directly from the manufacturer.
This item typically has a 1 week lead time before shipping.
Harken's Radial® self-tailing winches provide powerful, efficient and dependable performance. The Radial surface grip features diagonal ribs to maximize gripping power, reduce line wear, prevent overrides and provide a smooth controlled release as the line exits the winch. The mirror polished chrome drum adds beauty and elegance to your yacht.
- Strong one-piece stripper arm completely covers the winch top providing a stable platform and prevents fingers and clothing from catching in moving parts
- Top lifts out as a single unit for easy mistake-free seasonal maintenance
- Adjustable stripper arm
- Load-carrying gears and pins are 17-4PH stainless steel for strength and durability
- Composite self-tailing jaws are shaped for easy line entry and optimum gripping power
- Spring-loaded upper jaw adjusts under line pressure to accept a variety of line sizes, teeth grip evenly with or without load
- Composite roller bearings and bushings reduce friction under load, have excellent corrosion resistance, and don't require lubrication
- Snap-fit design keeps bearings captive in the high-strength Delrin® cage when drum is removed for maintenance
- Weight savings of 25 to 50 percent compared to the Classic Harken line
- Can be disassembled and serviced on deck
- Easily converts to power
- Black composite base and top
- Speeds: 2
- Drum Diameter: 3-1/8" (80mm)
- Base Diameter: 6-3/16" (157mm)
- Height: 6-7/8" (175mm)
- Line Entry Height: 3-1/4" (82mm)
- Line Size: 5/16" - 1/2" (8mm-12mm)
- Gear Ratio: First Speed: 2.13:1, Second Speed: 6.28:1
- Power Ratio: First Speed: 13.50:1, Second Speed: 39.90:1
- Weight: 11.9 lbs (5.4kg)
Note: DO NOT use Harken Equipment for Human suspension.
Item #: 605837
Item #: 605839
Item #: 615561