Maxwell RC8-8 48V Rope & Chain Windlass 1000W w/ Capstan
Multiple Models Available
The Maxwell RC8-8 with capstan, is a fully automatic rope / chain windlass for 48v house bank batteries; providing superior retrieval and deployment of 8mm (5/16 inch) chain spliced to 14mm (9/16 inch) three strand or 8-plait rope.
- Simple two piece installation saves time and money, allowing easy retrofitting without disassembly
- Designed to accommodate a wide range of chain pitch differences; 8mm (5/16 inch) chain spliced to 14mm (9/16 inch) three strand or 8-plait rope
- Unique spacer tube design allows installation through virtually any deck thickness
- Multiple mounting positions and self aligning gearbox, ensure optimal location of gearbox and motor throughout installation situations
- Operates from 48v house bank batteries, an option which will provide space and cost savings for the boating community
- Revolutionary and patented, new Wave Design chainwheel
- Stainless steel pressure arm designed to effectively grasp rope / chain splice; exerts maximum control pressure
- Large wire diameter, heavy-duty stainless steel pre-loaded spring; works effectively with all-chain rodes
- Complete with chromed bronze MAX-grip capstan drum to maximize pulling force
- Large, through deck hawse pipe throat ensures easy entry of the rope / chain rode into and out of the anchor locker
- Manual override and Free Fall, using the emergency crank/clutch handle provided
- Sealed oil bath and marine-grade hard anodized, alloy gearbox provides maximum output via a precision worm and worm wheel
- Full disassembly capability of the topworks, utilizing only the handle provided and an Allen key
*Note: Maxwell windlasses must be used in conjunction with a chain stopper or snubbing device to take the load off the windlass while laying at anchor. The chainstopper and alternative snubbing system should also be used to secure the anchor in the fully raised position while under way.
- Maximum pull: 1,320 lbs. (600kg.)
- Static hold: 2,640 lbs. (1,200kg.)
- Chain short link: 5/16"
- Rope size (3 strand or 8 plait): 9/16" - 5/8"
- Chain speed (normal working load): 105 ft./min
- Rope speed (Normal working load): 92 ft./min
- Solenoid pack: 12 or 24 Volt DC
- Motor power: 1000W
- Motor voltage: 48 Volt DC
- Net weight: 36.3 lbs.
- A: 8-5/16"
- B1: 3-5/16"
- B2 (with Capstan): 5-3/4"
- C: 6-3/16"
- D (Standard deck clearance): 8-1/4"
- D (Extra deck clearance): 12-1/8"
- E: 10-3/4"
- F: 16-1/4"
- G (Standard deck clearance): 2-1/2"
- G (Extra deck clearance): 6-1/2"
- H: 1-5/8"
- I: 2-5/8"
- J: 1-3/4"