SmartPlug Circuit Breaker with Fault Sensing
Multiple Models Available
The LineGard™ PGFM product family provides ELCI (equipment leakage) ground fault sensing and is designed and manufactured by North Shore Safety, a leader in innovative safety products. The PGFM series operates in tandem with an Airpax™ LEL series, UL 489 listed circuit breaker, with shunt trip and auxiliary switch manufactured by Sensata Technologies.
The combined assembly of the PGFM and Airpax™ breaker meets the requirements of ABYC E-11 for ground fault protection and main shore power circuit protection. The PGFM constantly monitors the current balance of the conductors (wires / cables) supplying power to the load. When a ground fault of 27mA nominal (30mA max) occurs, the PGFM uses the LELs shunt trip coil to signal the breaker trip.
- Power and fault status indicators
- Provides identification of a ground fault vs. short circuit trip
- Chemical and UV resistant enclosure
- Trip level of sensing device < 30mA (27mA nominal) at trip time of < 100mS (60mS nominal) per E-11
- Protection range and operating voltage: 0-50 Amps, 120 VAC, 120/240 VAC
- Unit operating temperature is 31°F (-35°C) to 150°F (66°C)
- Accommodates up to 3 wires, 6 AWG
- No twisting of wires required