Digital Yacht GPS160 GPS Sensor / Antenna - NMEA 0183
The Digital Yacht TriNav™ GPS160 NMEA 0183 is a high performance positioning sensor using GPS, Galileo and Glonass satellite systems for exceptional positioning accuracy and redundancy. GPS160 has an NMEA 0183 interface*
Typical accuracy is better than 1 meter, and data can be set to output at up to 18Hz for smoother plotter track displays. TriNav software technology also improves positioning vulnerabilities that could occur through spoofing and local interference.
The device can be field programmed for a variety of modes such as single GNSS operation (eg Galileo only) as well as output configurations such as update rate, NMEA sentence structure, etc.
The GPS160 also supports a simple external MOB (man-over-board) switch or device. When activated, the GPS160 creates a "synthesized" AIS SART MOB message on its NMEA output which can be interfaced with a local plotter for MOB identification. Most modern plotters support this with a clear MOB icon and instant bearing and distance information to navigate to the casualty.
Galileo is a global navigation satellite system (GNSS) that has been developed over the past two decades. It joins the GPS and GLONASS systems and offers mariners a 3rd reliable positioning source.
For further details see Product Brochure
- 72-channel GPS, Glonass and Galileo GNSS positioning receiver
- Typically sub 1 meter accuracy thanks to TriNav™ technology
- Combines all satellite data for optimum accuracy
- Can be configured as dedicated GPS, Glonass or Galileo-only device
- Sophisticated anti-spoofing algorithm for robust positioning performance and interference rejection
- Seatalk1 (with Seatalk converter) (Sold Separately)
- NMEA 2000 (with iKonvert interface) (Sold Separately)
- Wireless (with WLN10SM) variants (Sold Separately)
- GPS160USB (Sold Separately) available with USB connection for PC/MAC
- User / field selectable 4800, 38400 and 115200 baud operation through simple internal DIP switches
- Multiple formats of NMEA data output including datum information user configurable through internal DIP switches
- Up to 18Hz update rate (user selectable)
- Ultra low (<20mA) power consumption at 12 Volt DC
- Cable length: 10 meters
- Input for MOB switch / system when activated generates synthetic AIS MOB NMEA output to activate MOB position on plotter
- Professional system (ECDIS) support with datum sentence structure (DTM/GBS/GNS/GRS/GSA/GST)
- Puck installation or fits 3rd party industry standard 1" x 14 TPI threaded mount