Lewmar EVO Self-Tailing Winch - Size 40 - Black
Lewmar EVO 40ST: Lewmar fuse sits legendary quality with state of the art technology to offer the most advanced winch range ever: the EVO. Lewmar believes in evolution not revolution it has been evolving and improving winch technology for almost half a century. Since the 1960's Lewmar has developed winch solutions for the world's leading boat-builders, custom yards and race teams. No other company in the leisure marine market has the same level of heritage and expertise when it comes to building reliable, high-quality, easy to fit and easily serviceable winches. Using steadfast building blocks, Lewmar has taken their Ocean Winch, which is the most popular winch ever made, and improved it further.
The EVO winch is a development that contains years of knowledge and understanding of what boat builders and sailors want. No compromises have been made in terms of quality or integrity of design. You won't find much plastic here; Lewmar uses high quality alloys and metal! Lewmar's EVO Winch Range evolution from their renowned Ocean Winch.
- Drum Diameter: 2-15/16"
- Base Diameter: 5-13/16"
- Height: 6-1/4"
- Line entry: 3-1/8"
- Line size: 5/16" - 1/2"
- Gear Ratio
- 1st: 1.9:1
- 2nd: 5.8:1
- Power Ratio
- 1st: 13.2:1
- 2nd: 40.2:1
- SWL: 1753 lbs
- Weight: 10.7 lbs
- Easy Servicing - No tools required
- Simple servicing NO TOOLS are required to service a Lewmar EVO winch, simply unscrew the top cap with your fingers to remove the drum and provide access to the proven gear train. If you try to put a Lewmar EVO winch together wrongly, it will become very clear that you've got it wrong; it is impossible to service the winch and put it back together incorrectly. Safety and convenience has been designed into every EVO winch
- User friendly direction arrows
- A simple safety feature is the direction arrow, which means all your crew loads the line on the winch correctly that will make sailing more fun for the entire family
- Choice of three finishes
- Multiple styles and finishes EVO winches are available in black or gray alloy and chrome bronze for the cruising sailor. The range is available with single speed or two speed, manual winches and electric winches are available from size 40 through to 65
- Wave Spring jaw and stripper ring
- The integrated investment cast stainless steel feeder arm completely covers the winch, and does not create a rope trap above our WaveSpring jaws. Directional arrows allow fool proof loading of the winch, a very helpful feature if you are sailing with an inexperienced crew. The stripper position can be adjusted to smoothly feed the rope out of the jaws and into the cockpit, while the proven stripper ring goes round the WaveSpring. Lewmar's unique design ensures you cannot snag that loose rope cover, no matter how long you have been using your sheets
- Convertible to electric
For Lewmar customers, there is no such thing as "just a winch". That's because inside every winch you will find materials developed over many years, designed using the latest techniques and machined using the most up to date CNC equipment. Lewmar machined these winches for the maximum in efficiency, durability and strength to weight ratio. Because of Lewmar's aggressive in-house testing program, Lewmar winches have proven themselves time and again in the roughest conditions and on the toughest race courses.
Customer focused Key boat builders briefed Lewmar that they wanted them to retain all the benefits of its simple, no nonsense, easy to service winch with very few parts. Its proven performance and easy conversion to power were all in its favor. But Lewmar knew they could make installation easier and update the styling. With this in mind they have designed a winch that can either be fitted in the conventional manner, or without removing the drum, to speed up installation. Cruising Sailors confirmed they want a proven quality winch that could be serviced by the boat owner without any tools, they wanted to be able to put the winch together themselves, and they also wanted a reliable and predictable grip. With many winch users only chartering boats for a few days holiday a year, safety is key in any new developments. Lewmar has included some simple safety features like the direction arrow which means all your crew loads the line on the winch correctly that will make sailing more fun for the entire family. Racing Sailors liked the alloy, needle-peened finish of Lewmar's winches. Their only request was that they'd like it in black. The good news is Lewmar has it in black, gray and chrome bronze finish.
Note: Lewmar products are designed for use in recreational marine applications. Any commercial application is forbidden without the prior approval of Lewmar engineering and management.