Octopus Hydraulic Linear Actuator - Remote Mount, 12" Stroke
Status: In Stock
The 12" Stroke, Octopus Hydraulic Linear Actuator is a simple, effective way to drive the rudder on a boat equipped with a mechanical steering system.
- For power and sailboats with mechanical steering
- Recommended for vessels up to 60 feet or 33,000 lbs
- This drive is compatible with most of the major Autopilot Electronic brands.
- When the autopilot is not in use the cylinder runs freely along with the rudder.
- When the automatic pilot is in use a solenoid valve on the actuator closes and locks the cylinder.
- Steering signals from the pilot are now fed to the D.C. motor, which drives the pump to move the cylinder back and forth.
- De-energized, the solenoid valve immediately disconnects the automatic pilot from the rudder.
- The actuator has a small translucent oil reservoir, making it easy to check fluid levels.
- These actuators have only five moving parts.
- Mechanical simplicity gives Precision Products reliability and ease of service when compared to complicated gear and screw actuators, making Precision Products units a favorite for offshore mariners.
- These actuators are shipped from their factory completely filled with oil and require no additional plumbing.
- Max current: 4-6 Amps
- Power: 12 Volts DC
- Cylinder bore: 38mm
- Stroke: 305mm / 12 in.
- Peak thrust: 882 lbs.
- Max boat length: 60 feet or 33,000 lbs.