Celestaire Astra IIIB Sextant - Split
The Astra IIIB has somewhat revolutionized celestial navigation. Never before has such a high quality, accurate metal sextant been available at such a low price. Thousands of this model have been sold in the US alone and its popularity has spread throughout the rest of the world as well, making it the the most recognized (and supported) sextant worldwide. Its low price, excellent optics, choice of horizon mirrors and other accessories makes it the perfect selection for beginners.
- Ability to quickly and economically change the type of horizon mirror
- Inexpensive replacement parts aids maintainability when students mishandle the sextant
- LED lighting of the arc and drum (powered by 2 AA batteries - not included)
- Arc: -5° + 130° - radius 6" (153 mm)
- Accuracy: ± 20 sec. throughout the arc
- Micrometer Drum: 1' scale - vernier to 0.1'
- Mirror Configuration: Split (Traditional)
- Horizon Mirror: 2" (51 mm) diameter
- Index Mirrors: 2.2" x 1.65" (56 mm x 42 mm)
- Shades: 4 index - 3 horizon
- Weight: 2 lbs, 10 oz (Sextant Only)
- Case Dimensions: 6.5" x 13" x 11"
In the Box:
- Celestaire Astra IIIB Sextant
- Varnished wooden case
- Instruction book included
- Adjusting wrench included
- Certificate of accuracy
Models Available: 0501 D and 0502 D