Maxwell RC Series RC12-10 EDC Vertical Windlass - 24 VDC - With Capstan
Note: This item ships directly from the manufacturer.
This item typically ships within 2-3 Business Days.
- Dual direction solenoid pack
- Circuit breaker / isolator panel
- Up/down remote control panel
- Emergency crank / clutch release handle
Maxwell's all new RC series windlasses proudly follow in the highly successful footsteps of the Freedom, Liberty and HRC fully automatic rope/chain anchor winches. RC10 and RC8 are available in both capstan and low profile versions. RC6 is available in low profile version only.
The all new RC12 Series incorporates Maxwell's latest stylish innovation in automatic rope/chain technology. Retaining the classic open design styling more appropriate on larger boats, the RC12 Series represents the next generation of rope/chain windlass evolution in every respect.
Maxwell once again leads the market in innovative thinking with the introduction of their latest Wave Design™ chainwheel. This patented rope/chain wheel incorporates two unique design concepts that greatly improve the handling and control of the rope/chain spliced rode. The outer ribs of the chainwheel are angled slightly forward ensuring that the rope and the chain are smoothly guided in the wheel during anchor retrieval.
VC: The Vertical Capstan can be used for all types of line handling.
- The RC12 fully automatic windlass series is designed to effortlessly retrieve and deploy 10mm (3/8") short link chain and 16mm (5/8") to 20mm (3/4") three strand or 8-Plait rope (RC12-10) and 12mm/13mm (1/2") short link chain and 20mm (3/4") three strand or 8-Plait rope (RC12-12)
- With a maximum pull of 1590 kg (3500 lb), and an anchor retrieval rate of 15m/min (50ft/min), the RC12-12 is one of the fastest and gruntiest windlasses in its class
- A sleek, Low Profile version and a fluted stainless steel capstan drum version, are available
- The all new RC12 is packed with patented innovative features combined with Maxwell's traditionally classic aesthetics, but reflecting the modern form follows function of the highly successful RC6, RC8 and RC10 series windlasses
- The elegantly designed deckplate and chainpipe cover are manufactured in polished marine-grade 316 stainless steel, as are the heavy duty pressure arm, stripper, chainwheel and fluted capstan drum
- The huge, through deck hawse pipe throat ensures easy entry of the rope/chain rode into and out of the anchor locker
- Double cone-type brake/clutch mechanism permits Free Fall anchoring. Cone clutches, unlike dog clutches, provide smooth progressive engagement, ensuring safe and precise operator control
- The RC12 features Maxwell's revolutionary and patented new Wave Design chainwheel. Refer to RC6 page for more information about this innovative feature
- Emergency manual retrieval is made simple and easy with Maxwell's unique Active Latch Ratchet System operation that prevents backwind of the windlass during manual hauling of the anchor
- The Maxwell-designed, all new and innovative black, hard anodized gearbox provides numerous advantages:
- Fast and easy windlass installation
- More corrosion resistant
- Easy to maintain and service
- Takes up less room in the anchor locker
- 75:1 Ratio (RC12-10) or 100:1 Ratio (RC12-12), single stage design with less moving parts, for smoother and quieter operation
- Allows for multi-positioning of the gearbox/motor
- Every Maxwell automatic rope/chain windlass comes complete with all the necessary components for fully automatic dual direction control in a competitively priced package
|Static Hold||4840 lbs (220 kg)|
|Maximum Pull||2500 lbs (1134 kg)|
|Chain Short Link||3/8" (10mm)|
|Rope Size (3 strand or 8 plait)|| 5/8" - 3/4" |
|Chain Speed (NWL*)||79 ft/min (24m/min)|
|Rope Speed (NWL*)||65 ft/min (20m/min)|
|Power Supply||24 Volts DC|
|Motor Power||1200 Watts|
|Net Weight - DC Low Profile Version||71 lbs (32 kg)|
|*NWL: Normal Working Load|
|Dimensions (see figure RC 12|
|B2 (with Capstan)||9-1/4" (233mm)|
|G (Standard Deck Clearance)||3-5/8" (90mm)|
|G (EDC - Extra Deck Clearance)||7-1/2" (190.5mm)|
Important: Maxwell windlasses must be used in conjunction with a chain stopper or snubbing device to take the load off the windlass while laying at anchor. The chainstopper and alternative snubbing system should also be used to secure the anchor in the fully raised position while under way.