Side-Power Automatic Main Switch for S-Link System Thruster 12V
Note: This item ships directly from the manufacturer.
This item typically ships within 2-3 Business Days.
Side-Power Automatic Main Switch for S-Link System: Electric thrusters must have a fuse and a main switch / circuit breaker in the main power feed circuit for safety reasons. When there is an abnormal current consumption in the circuit the fuse will blow, but situations can arise when the fuse will not blow and it becomes necessary, for the safety of the crew, boat and those around, to shut down the main power to the thruster.
The problem is that in most cases the main power switch / circuit breaker is a manual switch located in the bilge, technical room or even the engine room so that you will have to leave the control position to shut it off. Even boats with remote-controlled main breakers might not be easy to shut down either.
Because these breakers often support more than just the thruster so shutting it down will also shut down other systems that you might need to be operational. The Side-Power Automatic Main Switch is a fast and easy way to shut off without leaving the steering position. Simply push the OFF on the control panel
Side-Power control panels have an Auto-Off function and the main switch will automatically shut off also and this problem is gone. With the new Side-Power Automatic Main Switch / Fuse product installed, the boats thruster system has ultimate safety and maximum user friendliness.
- The main power to the thruster is conveniently controlled by the Side-Power control panel
- Added safety is provided by the panel's auto-off and the thruster's overheat sensor, also controlling the main switch
- Flexible mounting options
- S-link control cable
- Heavy terminals allowing double cables
- Fast and easy installation
- Power: 12 Volts DC
- Dimensions: 6.9" H x 8.1" W x 5.5" D (175 x 205 x 140 mm)
- Side-Power S-link is a "CanBus" based control system with full intelligent communication between all units in the system, much like a computer network
- Main advantages Include:
- Round, compact and waterproof plugs with unique keying to avoid faulty hookup
- Unlimited number of commands or information transfer on a single cable
- Proprietary Sleipner commands, but built 100% on NMEA 2000 standard