Maxwell HWC Series HWC25 Horizontal Windlass Kit w/ Capstan - 3/8 in G3,G4,HT
Note: This item ships directly from the manufacturer.
This item typically ships within 2-3 Business Days.
THIS PRODUCT CANNOT SHIP STANDARD GROUND.
It ships ONLY by Truck Freight.
Please call us at 800-628-8225 or E-mail for a valid shipping quote, since Truck Freight rates change regularly.
This item ships directly from the manufacturer.
- 1200 Watt Motor
- A dual direction solenoid - P19045
- Two foot switches - P19006
- Up/Down panel switch - P102938
- On/Off breaker panel - P100791
- Emergency crank handle
- The HWC Series is designed for automatic horizontal handling of chain-only anchor rodes while offering an independent capstan for the retrieval of a secondary rope and chain rode or to assist with docking procedures
- Fully automatic single, or dual direction operation. (with optional Dual direction solenoid
- 'MAX-grip™' warping drum for independent rope hauling only.
- Optional dual anchor handling with smooth independent control of each chainwheel via cone clutches.
- Chainpipe and stripper included.
- Cone-type brake/clutch mechanism permits manual 'free-fall' anchoring. Cone clutches, unlike dog clutches, provide smooth progressive engagement ensuring safe and precise operator control.
- Chainwheel locking pawl.
- Simple deck mounted installation with no under deck parts.
- Simplified maintenance with ability to strip the running gear (chainwheel and capstan drum) from the winch without disturbing the winch mounting.
- Heavy duty, dual-direction electric motors. Isolated ground type with durable class F insulation throughout motor.
- The gearbox has a high-efficiency output drive with heavy-duty wide-face, precision, bronze spur gears in a sealed oil bath. It is removable as a sealed unit for servicing. (Specifications differ depending on motor and winch rating).
- Chainwheel and warping drum of high-quality chrome finish over marine-grade alloy bronze.
- Marine-grade pretreated alloy casing, powder coated and finished with a two component white polyurethane paint.
Important: Maxwell windlasses must be used in conjunction with a chain stopper or snubbing device to take the load off the windlass while laying at anchor. The chain stopper and alternative snubbing system can also be used to secure the anchor in the fully raised position while under way.
- Model 2500
- Maximum Pull: 1000 kg (2200 lbs)
- Line Speed: 17 m/min (Normal Working) (56 ft/min)
- Power Supply: (DC) 12 Volt Motor (Watts) 1200 w
- Hydraulic Pressure: 124 BAR (1800 PSI)
- Hydraulic Flow: 36 l/min (9.5 US gal:
- Chain Sizes: (Short Link) (3/8" G3, G4, HT)
Click here for a Dimensional Drawing (PDF)