Balmar 6-Series Light Duty Marine Alternator - 70 Amp, Dual Vee - Dual Foot
Note: This item ships directly from the manufacturer.
This item typically has a 2-3 week lead time before shipping.
Add Item to Cart to See Sale Price
Balmar 70 Amp, 6-Series Light Duty Alternators are designed for recreational marine applications and are engineered to replace most OEM alternators on a wide variety of marine gasoline and diesel engines. These alternators deliver high-output performance in a compact, small-case package and are available in common mounting configurations.
- Designed for recreational marine applications
- 1/2" Dual Vee pulleys
- Dual foot mount
- Ideal for modest charging upgrades
- Generates 70 amps
- Dual fan cooling
- High airflow frame
- Maximum RPM: 12,000
- Recommended for use with Balmar multi-stage voltage regulators (Sold with alternators in kits or separately)
- Engineered to replace most OEM alternators on a wide variety of marine gasoline and diesel engines
- Utilizes Balmar's patented Smart Ready® Technology
- Internal Regulation is a feature unique to the 6-Series alternator
- Enables the alternator to be used with smart Balmar external regulation, or as a stand-alone, internally regulated alternator system
- Fixed, 14.1-volt charge controller is ideal as a built-in back-up regulator for the cruiser, or as a full-time regulator for systems where smart, multi-stage regulation is not required
- If battery loads are relatively small and your engine is running frequently, the alternator's internal regulator may be sufficient to support your electrical needs without external regulation
- If your vessel utilizes larger deep-cycle battery banks or the engine's duty cycle is less frequent (as is the case in most sailing applications), the 6-Series Alternator combines and works seamlessly with Balmar's ARS-5 Voltage Regulator or Max Charge Voltage Regulator
- USCG Title 33, ISO, SAE and CE Compliant
- One year limited warranty
Note: Balmar's 1/2" Deep Vee Pulleys (single and dual) can accept a 3/8" and 7/16" belts.
The selection process includes the following steps:
- Step 1: Determine your vessel's electrical load
- Step 2: Identify your existing battery bank technology and capacity
- Step 3: Select your optimum alternator output
- Step 4: Identify the alternator mounting style present on your engine
- Step 5: Determine your belt and pulley requirements
- Step 6: Select additional charging system options