Fortress FX-85 Anchor - 47 Lbs
In test after test, the Fortress anchor has been called "The world's best anchor" by many boaters and respected marine experts. It's precision-machined from an aluminum alloy that is as strong as steel, but only half the weight. As an added benefit to this anchor it disassembles so it stores in a much smaller space.
- Precision-machined from an aluminum alloy that is as strong as steel, but only half the weight
- Features Mud Palms designed to help the anchor set faster in any type of sea bottom
- Mud Palms create a "lift" to the crown of the anchor, causing the flukes to point more directly any seabed
- Can be disassembled and easily stored
- Adjustable 32° to 45° fluke angle
- Tough anodized finish
- Corrosion resistant
- Lighter anchor weights are easier to handle than regular anchors
- Sharper than heavy, dull-edged steel anchors
- Sets faster and penetrates deeper into common sea bottoms for incredible holding power
- Exclusive and patented feature which dramatically increases holding power in problem soft mud bottoms
- Excellent as a spare or storm anchor
- Weight: 47 lbs.
- Approximate boat length range: 59 to 68 feet
- Material: High-tensile, rust-proof alloys
- Warranty: Limited lifetime
Fortress Recommends: Use three-strand nylon rope, 6-12 ft. (2-4 m) of chain and a minimum of 5:1 scope. Also, a minimum of 6 ft. (2 m) of chain should be used for every 25 ft. (8 m) of water depth.
Additional Handling Note:
Most carriers include an additional handling fee which is included in your shipping rate