Power House P1000 Ice Eater - 115V - 150 ft Cord
Note: This item ships directly from the manufacturer.
This item typically ships within 1-2 Business Days.
Add Item to Cart to See Sale Price
The Environmentally Friendly Ice Eater P1000 is designed to prevent ice from forming around boats, marinas, docks, and piers as well as effectively melting existing ice by breaking the surface with a continuous current of warmer bottom water.
- Draws up warmer subsurface water and deflects it to the surface creating a constant circulation of warmer water that prevents ice formation
- Venturi shroud (housing) design with outwardly flared ends draws warmer water from greater depths than other conventional de-icers
- Shroud is submersible below the surface either vertically or angled from vertical
- Set of mounting holes at opposed positions on the flange allows the lines to be attached
- Shipped complete with suspension lines, can be taken out of the box, hung in place and plugged in
- Custom design and engineered for maximum performance
- Do not use oil for lubrication
- Ice Eaters use an Environmentally Friendly, synthetic lubricating fluid which is Non-Toxic, Biodegradable and Non-Bio-accumulating
- Agitates more water than any de-icer on the market today
- Maximum efficiency in all climatic conditions
- Average operating depth of two to three feet
- Performance certified tested for proper output and leaks before shipment.
- Optional Thermostat turns Ice Eater on when needed and is ideal for unattended application (Sold Separately)
- (3) Year Limited Warranty
- Power: 1 HP
- Thrust: 36 lbs @ 7 Amps
- Includes a 16/3 water and oil resistant power cord with three prong molded plug
- (2) 25 Foot x 3/8" Hollow braided lines with shackles
- Motor housing is constructed of 16 gauge 304 stainless steel and bronze end bell for corrosion free operation in fresh or salt water.
- Motor exceeds NMEA specifications and is UL and CSA compliant, and C.E. certified.
- Motor shaft is 316 stainless steel
- Permanent split capacitor ensures quick high torque and smooth operation, while producing the highest efficiency of a single phase induction motor.
- Motor and capacitor are matched for ultimate performance.
- Internal, heavy duty, hard faced mechanical seal with stainless components immersed in dielectric lubricating fluid.
- Dielectric lubricating fluid is an environmentally friendly synthetic lubricating fluid
- Dielectric lubricating fluid is Non-Toxic
- Dielectric lubricating fluid is Biodegradable
- Dielectric lubricating fluid is Non-Bio-accumulating
- Additional double lip shaft seal for extra protection.
- Stator motor windings have double impregnation of baked insulating varnish.
- Two heavy duty ball bearings provide support for the rotor while being cooled with dielectric type oil.
- Sacrificial custom designed zinc is provided for conditions where electrolysis may be present.
- Propeller is custom designed for maximum thrust and performance. Propeller screws on shaft for easy removal and replacement.
- Heavy duty PVC custom brackets that attach motor to shroud. All stainless bolts and locking aircraft nuts are used.
- Unlike other de-icing units, Ice Eater requires no additional hardware in order to obtain the desired de-icing pattern
*Note: Open diameter based on normal winter conditions