Sales of all Closeout items are final.
Dutchman's Boom Brake allows the boom to be controlled easily from the cockpit and helps prevent accidental jibes or dissipate the shock load should a jibe occur.
- Beautifully made, clean design that is easy to adjust
- Line that runs through the brake is secured on deck to a point at or close to the aft lower chainplates (line is sold separately)
- For use with rigid or soft vangs which have (2) attachment points on the boom
- To install, you will need (a) cordage (sold separately) to run through the brake (b) a turning block (sold separately) at or near the chainplates and (c) a way to tension the line at the cockpit such as a spare winch or a block and tackle (sold separately)
- Vang style: Rigid
- Boat length: 20-30 Feet
- Maximum mainsail area: 250 Sq Ft
- Safe working load: 1,600 lbs
Note: Specifications are for conventional, moderate displacement monohulls, and provide a rough indication of which Brake to use. Heavy displacement or offshore-intended sailboats should move up to the next larger Brake if near the maximum sail area