C.S. Johnson Split Backstay Cars - 1/4" - Sheave and Becket
The 1/4" C.S. Johnson Split Backstay Car Adjuster with sheave (39-203) reduces the point loading on your backstay and replaces separate blocks and a connecting lever in the process. These units also have tandem sheaves that eliminate severe flexing of the backstay. This model is designed for boats up to 40' in length.
- Split backstay car replaces separate blocks and a connecting member
- Tandem sheaves eliminate severe flexing of the backstay
- Stainless steel with delrin sheaves
- Reduces the point loading on your backstay and replaces separate blocks
- Maximum Wire Size: 1/4"
- Material: Stainless Steel with Delrin Sheaves
- Downhaul Fitting: Sheave and becket
- Boat Size: Up to 40 Feet
- For maximum car release, use a 1.5 :1 ratio between backstay base width and car height
- Example: If backstay width is 5 feet, the car height should not exceed 7-1/2 feet to 8 feet in height off deck
- Higher ratios may require manual release with aid of boat hook, etc.