Balmar XT Series Single Foot Marine Alternator - J10 Serpentine
Note: This item ships directly from the manufacturer.
This item typically has a 2-3 week lead time before shipping.
Add Item to Cart to See Sale Price
Balmar is replacing the AT-Series alternator family with its XT-Series products. The XT-Series is drop-in compatible with the AT-Series and it provides slightly better performance than the AT-Series. Balmar XT-Series alternators provide maximum charging power in a small case package, suitable for installation in most small-to-medium sized diesel engines and most GM-based 4.3 liter to 8.1 liter gasoline engines.
- 12 Volts DC
- 170 Amps in a small case package
- Provides up to 140 amps at idle speeds
- Designed for recreational marine applications
- Engineered to replace most OEM alternators
- J10 serpentine pulley
- Ideal for modest charging upgrades
- State-of-the-art, braided stator wire design to generate exceptional output in the smallest possible area
- Operates 5°-10° C cooler than AT-Series
- May require a Tachometer Signal Stabilizer (Part No. 15-TSS; Sold separately) if your current tach is not adjustable
- Should only be used in Dual Vee or Multi-groove serpentine belt configurations
- AltMount® Serpentine Pulley Conversion Kits support all XT-Series alternators
- Smart Ready® internal regulator technology provides an additional level of fault tolerance for cruising boaters
- Dual fan cooling
- High airflow frame
- Ideal for large battery banks
- Approvals: USCG Title 33, CE, ISO 8846 and SAE J1171 certified
Note: Regulator, battery/alternator temp sensors & harness are sold separately.
The selection process includes the following steps:
- Step 1: Determine your vessel's electrical load
- Step 2: Identify your existing battery bank technology and capacity
- Step 3: Select your optimum alternator output
- Step 4: Identify the alternator mounting style present on your engine
- Step 5: Determine your belt and pulley requirements
- Step 6: Select additional charging system options
- Voltage: 12 VDC
- Output: 170 Amps
- Pulley designation: J10 serpentine
- Mount: Single foot
- Belt sizes: 3/8" and 7/16"
- Cooling: Dual fan
- High airflow frame
- Maximum RPM: 12,000
- USCG Title 33, ISO, SAE and CE compliant
- Warranty: One year limited warranty