Hayn Hi-MOD Compression Splice Link - 9/16 Inch Wire, 3.346 Inch Splice Length
Note: This item ships directly from the manufacturer.
This item typically has a 1 week lead time before shipping.
See the Complete Catalog of Hayne Products - We will Special Order any item that we do not stock
- Hayn Marine Hi-MOD Compression Fittings are unique in a number of ways
- The first is that the cone is longer than comparable fittings currently available
- This spreads the load over a longer portion of the wire, as well as increases the compressive forces inside the fitting
- Hayn has increased the number of slots on the cones to allow for a more even transfer of the load throughout the wire
- The cone is also made from stainless steel, so it is not required to replace the cone upon inspection and/or re-use
- Hayn doesn't recommend the use of sealant in the fitting
- The fittings use a crown thrust ring to assure even spacing of the wire around the cone
- With the use of this crown thrust ring, there's no need to bend the wire around the top of the cone to achieve the proper seating depth of the cone in the body
- The combination of these features greatly increases the fitting’s ability to handle fatigue, a critical component of any rigging part
- Without bending the end of the wire, they are also able to greatly reduce the galling problem inherent in these fittings