Tylaska FR22 Low-Friction Ring Ferrule
Add Item to Cart to See Sale Price
The Tylaska FR22 Low Friction Ring Ferrule (TY2622) is designed to handle lines sized up to 7/8" (22 mm). It's ideal for applications such as barber haulers, spinnaker twings or other uses that have small turning angles and little line movement. They also work great for backstay adjusters when used in a high purchase cascade configuration. In addition to being lighter and less expensive than conventional blocks, ring ferrules are also less prone to failure since there are no pulleys to crack or bearings to foul. Tylaska offers a wide range of ferrules to cover an extreme range of working loads and line sizes.
- Lighter, smaller than conventional pulley block
- A popular alternative for many applications where traditional blocks once ruled
- Instead of rolling on a pulley sheave, active line slides on inside smooth surface of ring
- Another line is spliced around ferrule for attaching it
- Attachment line is sometimes made as a loop that is luggage tagged onto a padeye or toe rail
- Frictional losses are not as big as one might think, especially when using low friction line such as Dyneema
- 100% Pure Aerospace Grade 6061 Aluminum
- CNC Machined
- Large diameter flange prevents line chafe
- Consistent smooth inside surface radius surface
- Hardcoat Anodized finish, for rugged protection
- Made in Mystic, CT U.S.A.
NOTE: *MBS rated as minimum deformation load, or the load at which permanent deformation of the ring begins.
Note: Ferrules start having frictional heating and wear problems when there is significant line movement, so conventional pulleys are still better for applications such as mainsheet and halyard blocks.
Item #: 013067
Item #: 013076