Maxwell RC12-12 48V Rope & Chain Windlass 1200W w/ Capstan - 12v Solenoid
Note: This item ships directly from the manufacturer.
This item typically ships within 2-3 Business Days.
The Maxwell RC12-12 windlass with capstan, is the fastest and most innovative windlass in its class; providing a classic open design that effortlessly deploys and retrieves 12mm / 13mm (1/2 inch) G4 & BBB chain and 20mm (3/4 inch) three strand or 8-Plait rope.
- Polished marine-grade 316 stainless steel pressure arm, stripper and chainwheel, with elegantly designed deckplate and chainpipe cover
- Designed to effortlessly deploy and retrieve 12mm / 13mm (1/2 inch) G4 & BBB chain and 20mm (3/4 inch) three strand or 8-Plait rope
- One of the fastest and most innovative windlasses in its class, with a maximum pull of 3500 lbs. (1590kg.), and an anchor retrieval rate of 50ft/min (15m/min)
- Maxwell's powerful 1200W motor, perfect application for larger boats
- Revolutionary and patented, new Wave Design chainwheel
- Operates from 48v house bank batteries, an option which will provide space and cost savings for the boating community
- Large, through deck hawse pipe throat ensures easy entry of the rope / chain rode into and out of the anchor locker
- Double cone type clutch/brake mechanism permits manual, Free Fall anchoring
- Complete with fluted stainless steel capstan drum to maximize pulling force
- Emergency manual retrieval made simple and easy with Maxwell's unique Active Latch Ratchet System operation that prevents backwind of the windlass during manual hauling of the anchor
- Maxwell-designed, all new hard anodized gearbox provides fast and easy windlass installation, increased corrosion resistant, simple maintenance and takes up less room in the anchor locker
- 100:1 Ratio, single stage design with less moving parts, for smoother and quieter operation - Allows for multi-positioning of the gearbox/motor
*Note: Maxwell windlasses must be used in conjunction with a chain stopper or snubbing device to take the load off the windlass while laying at anchor. The chainstopper and alternative snubbing system should also be used to secure the anchor in the fully raised position while under way.
- Maximum pull: 3,500 lbs. (1590kg.)
- Static hold: 4,840 lbs. (2,200kg.)
- Chain: Chainwheel accepts both BBB & G4 1/2" chain
- Rope size (3 strand or 8 plait): 3/4"
- Chain speed (normal working load): 50 ft./min
- Rope speed (Normal working load): 43 ft./min
- Solenoid pack: 12 Volt DC
- Motor power: 1200W
- Motor voltage: 48 Volt DC
- Net weight: 71 lbs.
- A: 11-5/8"
- B1: 5-1/8"
- B2 (with Capstan): 9-1/4"
- C: 8-1/8"
- D (Standard deck clearance): 8-3/8"
- D (Extra deck clearance): 12-1/2"
- E: 11-5/8"
- F: 19"
- G (Standard deck clearance): 3-5/8"
- G (Extra deck clearance): 7-1/2"
- H: 2-1/4"
- I: 4-1/4"
- J: 2-1/2"