This professional grade flag set provides a high quality construction that any naval captain would be proud to display on his ship. These flags are not designed for use as decorations, but are intended for occasional use.
- International Code of Signals flags can be used to send any number of messages
- Surprisingly sophisticated messages can be communicated with signal flags
- The flags are also commonly used as racing signals
- Each flag represents a letter, and has an additional meaning when flown alone (such as, "Altering course to port", "Require assistance", etc.)
- Signals can be spelled out, but there is also an established set of international shorthand codes which stand for pre-set messages. (For example, the flags for KN stand for, "I Cannot take you in tow", while KN1 signals, "I Cannot take you in tow, but will report your situation and ask for assistance")
- Flags - 12 in x 15 in
- Pennants - 8 in x 2 ft
- Substitutes - 8 in x 16 in
- Flag Set Consists of 26 Alphabet Flags, 11 Pennants and 3 Substitute Flags
- Strong Duck Heading permanently attached to Quality Nylon Rope Distance Lines
- 3" Genuine Ash Toggles and Distance Lines for stringing a message
- Each 40-piece Set Includes a Sturdy Nylon Storage Bag
- Colorfast guarantee, Durable and Fast-Drying 100% Heavyweight Nylon
- Four rows of lock-stitching - This additional stitching adds longevity to your flag, resists tattering and fraying.
Code Flag Sequence for Dress Ship:
Starting forward - AB2,UJ1, KE3, GH6, IV5, FL4, DM7, PO Third Repeater, RN First Repeater, ST Zero, CX9, WQ8, ZY Second Repeater.
Annin United States Flag / Ensign 20 x 30"
Item #: 650344
Annin United States Flag / Ensign 24" x 36"
Item #: 650345
Annin United States Navy Union Jack
Item #: 651011