Awlgrip Griptex Coarse Non-Skid Additive - Quart
This product ships ground only
Awlgrip Griptex Coarse Non-Skid Additive (73013) is used with AwlGrip and AwlCraft 2000 Topcoat Boat Paints to give a non-skid texture for deck and step areas. Anti-Slip and non-skid additives are mixed directly with topcoats, or added to a "tacky" paint surface. People have had success adding this polymeric GripTex particles to varnishes (actually 2-part clear polyurethanes), as well as other similar two-part and multipart polyurethane boat paint finishes.
- Quart quantity
- Non skid polymer bead additive
- Translucent appearance
- Can be mixed directly with topcoats, or added to a "tacky" paint surface
- Use air atomized spray equipment when mixed with topcoats
- Fluid tip must be at least .070"
- Do not use airless or air assist airless spray equipment
Mixing and Reduction: For spray application, add 4 oz/113.4 grams by weight of Griptex non-skid additive to each gallon of mixed color base and converter.
- Griptex particles may be added to mixed topcoats and applied by spray
- Dry particles may be broadcast or sprinkled into a tacky paint film
- Do not apply to surfaces warmer than 105° F or colder than 55° F
- Do not attempt to cure below 55° F (13° C).
Cautions: Previously painted surfaces must be tested for compatibility before applying Awlgrip products. Gelcoat non-skid areas need to be thoroughly cleaned and abraded. Use Scotch-brite, water, abrasive cleaners, and stiff brushes to ensure proper cleaning. For final removal of abrasive residues and sanding dirt, wrap a stiff brush in clean cotton cloth. Scrub the sanded surface with the cloth wrapped brush. Brush bristles force cloth into the grooves and valleys of the old non-skid, removing contaminants from the surface. Change cloths frequently. Flush the surface with fresh water and allow to dry before wiping with Awl-prep.
Note Even on small jobs, long term performance is improved if surfaces are primed before an Awlgrip or Awlcraft 2000 Topcoat is applied.