Lewmar DC2 Double Rope Clutch - 12 to 14 mm
Lewmar's DC2 Double Rope Clutch (29102414BK) is very innovative because it does not use teeth to jam the line. Instead it uses a domino cluster that flex for better grip and less rope wear. This clutch has a series of smooth, in-line and parallel rings hinged at the base. The line is run through these rings which are then tilted by a single connecting lever which force the line to snake through them, creating the necessary friction to hold the line securely. When the clutch is released the line straightens and can be eased smoothly if released gradually.
- Instead of simply jamming line, the domino cluster flexes for better grip and less rope wear
- Pull-back handle combined with patented clutch and release mechanism provides controlled release even at full holding load
- Ergonomically correct handle with solid link to domino cluster
- Stainless steel fairleads for reduced friction
- Side apertures allow easy cleaning of mechanism
- Clutch Type: Double rope
- Line Size (rope diameter): 12 mm to 14 mm (1/2" to 9/16")
- Minimum Holding Load: 1000 kg (2204 lbs)
- Working Load Limit: 1200 kg (2650 lbs)
- Dimensions: 88 mm H x 68.5 mm W x 156 mm L (3-3/8" H x 2-1/16" W x 6-1/8" L)
Note: 9/16" Line will only fit if core is slightly tapered. There is still a strong possibility of chafe with 9/16" line once in clutch
Note: Lewmar products are designed for use in recreational marine applications. Any commercial application is forbidden without the prior approval of Lewmar engineering and management.