Lewmar DC2 Triple Rope Clutch - 8 to 10 mm
Lewmar's DC3 Triple Rope Clutch (29103410BK) is very innovative because it does not use teeth to jam the line. Instead it uses a domino cluster that flex for better grip and less rope wear. This clutch has a series of smooth, in-line and parallel rings hinged at the base. The line is run through these rings which are then tilted by a single connecting lever which force the line to snake through them, creating the necessary friction to hold the line securely. When the clutch is released the line straightens and can be eased smoothly if released gradually.
- Instead of simply jamming line, the domino cluster flexes for better grip and less rope wear
- Pull-back handle combined with patented clutch and release mechanism provides controlled release even at full holding load
- Ergonomically correct handle with solid link to domino cluster
- Stainless steel fairleads for reduced friction
- Side apertures allow easy cleaning of mechanism
Note: When selecting a clutch, it is best to select the size with an upper rope range close to the size of the line to be gripped. Doing so will ensure maximum deflection as the domino cluster flexes the line.
- Clutch Type: Triple rope
- Line Size (rope diameter): 8 mm to 10 mm (5/16" to 3/8")
- Minimum Holding Load: 500 kg (1102 lbs)
- Working Load Limit: 1200 kg (2650 lbs)
- Dimensions: 88 mm H x 99 mm W x 156 mm L (3-3/8" H x 3-7/8" W x 6-1/8" L)
Note: Lewmar products are designed for use in recreational marine applications. Any commercial application is forbidden without the prior approval of Lewmar engineering and management.